Our client, an insurance company is looking for a Life & Health Reserving Actuary to strengthen the International Health team. He·she will be in charge of setting the reserves and advising management on the performance of a number of key accounts and lines of business.
The Life & Health Reserving Actuary will be responsible for:
- Reserving and regulation
- Maintaining and enhancing the company’s reserving function according to local regulation, IFRS 17 and Solvency II and the group’s initiatives for Technical Excellence.
- Assisting the team in submitting timely and accurate deliverables.
- Supporting internal and external audits.
- Explaining movements to internal stakeholders.
- Portfolio and profit management
- Maintaining and further developing the company’s suite of profitability analysis reporting and engaging in pricing oversight.
- Assisting in maintaining an actuarial data base for both the Paris and Dublin businesses and conducting projects to continuously enhance availability, completeness, reliability and granularity of data.
- Updating and enhancing the reserving methodology and segmentation through a deep dive in contracts and available sources of data.
- Other duties
- Advising on the reinsurance arrangements.
- Participating in the annual planning exercise.
- Assisting the Finance Department in areas such as financial projections, budgeting, statutory reporting and reinsurance accounting.
- Providing the actuarial input in various projects (such as the integration of new portfolios, migration to IT platforms, etc.).
- Master’s degree in Actuarial Science.
- Minimum 5 years of actuarial professional experience in P&C with a good understanding of life actuarial techniques.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and SQL and/or ResQ is an advantage.
- Willingness and ability to operate in an international environment with dynamic changes.
- Team player, proactive, self-driven, innovative mind-set.
- Rigorous, precise and conscientious.
- Strong analysis and synthesis skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good spoken and written English and French required.