Our client, an insurance company is looking for an Underwriting & Pricing Manager to strengthen the Underwriting Department. He·she will be in charge of managing the pricing activity and steer the profitability through pricing and underwriting activities concerning both new business and renewals.
The Underwriting & Pricing Manager will be responsible for:
- Supporting the deployment of the Technical Framework with NPs.
- Analyzing and approving quotations and pricing referrals within the company Underwriting referral framework.
- Directing the network Regional Offices as far as all the underwriting and technical topics are concerned.
- Steering the implementation of transversal projects driven by the Insurance Area to foster technical excellence and continuously enhance the Underwriting processes.
- Coordinating the implementation of a solid claims management process and monitoring within the network and steering the process with NPs and internal stakeholders.
- Implementing the defined technical actions on specific portfolios and steering portfolio management strategy.
- Driving pricing excellence by developing and innovating in respect of pricing assumptions, methodology, and pricing strategy.
- Proactively contributing to ad hoc underwriting technical studies and analysis
- Supporting the Insurance Area and Head of Department in coordinating all the department activities.
- Master’s degree in insurance, Actuarial or Economics/Finance related fields.
- 8 years of experience in pricing and underwriting of Group insurance (life, disability, accident and/ or medical lines of risk).
- Team player with high appetite for transversal collaboration.
- Technical mindset with experience in insurance quotation and risk analysis/assessment.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of strategic aspects of decision making.
- Curious, dynamic, proactive, not afraid to take ownership.
- Resilient with strong organizational skills, communication skills and a high attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of English, any other language would be considered a plus.