Our client, an insurance company is looking for an IFRS17 Life Actuary to strengthen the Finance Department. He·she will be in charge of calculating the IFRS17 figures, the new accounting standard for insurance contracts.
The IFRS17 Life Actuary will be responsible for:
- Acquiring a good understanding of the IFRS17 accounting standards to analyze and comprehend the Balance Sheet and Income Statement of a life insurance company.
- Producing IFRS17 accounts as part of the closing exercises and forecast exercises (strategic plan) of the group.
- Analyzing, commenting on, and tracking the evolution of the IFRS17 results presented to management.
- Validating the results of projection tools in close collaboration with the teams responsible for the model to ensure mastery of the IFRS17 indicators.
- Participating in the improvement and documentation of reporting tools.
- Master's degree in engineering sciences, mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, business engineering, economics, etc.)
- You are an Actuary – or equivalent through experience.
- You have a minimum of 3 years' experience in life insurance or financial reporting.
- Knowledge of IFRS17 Life and BEGAAP is a strong asset.
- Experience in R/VBA or an actuarial projection tool (Prophet, Moses, etc.) is a plus.
- You enjoy delivering results in an efficient, autonomous, and pragmatic manner; while respecting set deadlines.
- You have a strong sense of analysis and initiative.
- You speak Dutch or French fluently with a good knowledge of English.