Our client, an insurance company is looking for an Actuary Reserving Manager to strengthen the actuarial reserving team. He/she will be in charge of managing the team and find creative solutions to problems while interacting with different units.
The Actuary Reserving Manager will be responsible for:
- Participating in a lead role in the successful execution and completion of assigned strategic initiatives and projects.
- Developing solutions to resolve challenges of an initiative.
- Proposing change and innovation in order to improve project team performance and timelines.
- This position will often participate on cross-unit initiatives and may participate on Europe and Enterprise initiatives.
- Independently performing actuarial and analytic analyses to solve business problems and applying judgment appropriately.
- Supporting and driving components of unit initiatives.
- Beginning to support broad department initiatives.
- Taking accountability for process efficiencies within assignments.
- Beginning to make proposals in accordance with department practices.
- Providing support as necessary for initiatives within Europe or across the Enterprise within the scope of influence.
- Communicating analysis, project results, and other business initiatives to peers and business partners.
- Communicating technical topics to non-technical audience within the primary working group with guidance from manager.
- Actively participating and may be leading group discussions at the unit level.
- Creating formal written communication such as memos or presentations with guidance and peer review.
- Networking and collaborating on ideas and challenges.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, University degree in STEM related field.
- Qualified or making progress with Actuarial exams.
- Demonstrable experience in quantitative analysis required.
- Working experience in similar role.
- Associate Actuarial Credential preferred.
- Strong PC skills (MS Office) and programming skills (eg. SQL, SAS).
- Strong understanding of insurance products and industry.
- Demonstrable ability in actuarial and quantitative analysis and statistical concepts.
- Proficient in Leading Self, exhibiting self-awareness while also effectively managing ambiguity.
- Business Acumen.