Our client, an insurance company, is looking for an Actuary who will be responsible for determining the required premium for existing and new products, monitoring profitability, and calculating GAAP and IFRS reserves.
To do this, the Actuary will use statistical methods to analyze claims and portfolio developments and actuarial software to estimate future developments. The recruit will work as part of a dynamic and motivated actuarial team, but he/she will also work closely with other colleagues within the company.
More specifically, the Actuary will contribute to the following tasks :
- Determining the premium for new individual and group products.
- Making recommendations to adjust premiums for existing products.
- Monitoring the profitability of products and the portfolio.
- Calculating provisions on the basis of various technical parameters and explaining changes.
- Estimating the actuarial assumptions to be used for premiums, reserves and Solvency II.
- Automation of calculation and reporting processes.
- Ad hoc analyses on internal or external request (e.g. actuarial function, risk management, parent company, auditor, Assuralia...).
- Taking part in the IFRS 17 project.
- Presentation of results to colleagues, management and other stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics or Economics
- Prior experience in a similar function, with a knowledge of SII.
- Good knowledge of MS Office programs
- Knowledge of actuarial and/or statistical software such as Prophet, ResQ and/or R is a plus
- Team spirit and collaboration
- Analytical skills and ability to combine facts and figures
- Critical thinking mindset
- Proactivity, curiosity, and sense of innovation
- Pragmatism and efficiency
- Ability to translate technical actuarial issues to colleagues and management, both in writing and orally
- Very good knowledge of English (written and spoken) and professional knowledge of French and/or Dutch