Our client, an insurance company is looking for a Senior P&C Actuary to strengthen the reserving team. He/she will be in charge performing quarterly and yearly reserve calculations for EMEA market business.
The Senior P&C Actuary will be responsible for:
- Working with a newly introduced actuarial reserving tool, applying diverse actuarial reserving methods, and determining the most suitable reserves for financial accounts.
- Estimating nominal ultimate claims and their pay-out patterns, conducting detailed portfolio analysis to identify specific focus areas for separate monitoring.
- Challenging costing accuracy, contributing to reporting, and developing a profound understanding of liability reinsurance.
- Ensuring comprehensive, complete, and well-understood overall calculations.
- Regularly interacting with other functions such as Underwriting, Claims, Technical Accounting, and Finance, as well as senior management, and fostering trustful long-term relationships.
- Supporting the transition to IFRS accounting and shaping reporting.
- Leading or actively participating in actuarial-related projects and systems development on a regular basis.
- Interacting with and training junior team members, aiding in the development of their actuarial expertise.
- Master’s degree in Actuarial Science.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Programming skills in R, Python or other related languages will be considered an advantage.
- You have multicultural communication skills, curiosity and are a great teammate. We will consider any other major language a plus.
- You are comfortable multitasking and show courage, integrity and you earn trust with our partners.
- You are open to change, always in search of different, more efficient methods
- You have a global mindset and are comfortable taking the lead.
- Fluent in English and another major language.